Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Lull

I've finished my Certified Nurse Assistant training class and I am now a CNA, pending my state license exam which will be in 2 weeks.  I've had a very promising set of interviews at the local children's hospital and am waiting (fingers crossed) to hear back from them.  Kiddo's school is out, but summer camp has started 3 days a week.  So, today I find myself at the start of the Lull time where I have a whole great list of things that need to be taken care, but am stuck between the end of one thing and the beginning of another.

Plow garden....check!!  The box contains a sunflower and two Cosmos that randomly sprouted from last year's garden.


Today, I don't have to go anywhere.  It's kind of nice.  I woke up early, stained one side of our workshop, went for a run, made some of my mad crazy good Hippie Runner Granola, made a batch of my friend Sami's Granola Crack Bars, and am now contemplating cleaning the porch, putting away laundry and generally straightening out my craft/ office area upstairs. 


Granola Crack Bars.........you can see where I taste tested.....

But all I want to do is lay on the porch swing and read the book that my awesome Fella got me last week.   (Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind)

This is my Fella....... he's pretty awesome.  :)

I will clean of course, because that's what responisble grown-ups do.  But when I was a kid, summer days were spent on the back porch reading and rereading Trixie Belden mysteries, Saddle Club books, and the Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C Wrede.  Those were the good days of The Lull between school ending and school starting again. 



Summer.......the ultimate Lull.  I will enjoy my unexpected summer Lull while I have it because soon I will be a working stiff again and wishing for days of nothing but time to put away laundry in.   

No comments:

Post a Comment