Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Super-what? Ooooh....Super Bowl.....

I've been asked to host a Super Bowl Party.  I've been to a Super-Bowl party before.  I was 17 and it was with my Youth Group.  All the boys watched the game in various states of anticipation, exhilaration, and desperation.  All the girls sat together, off to the side and sang songs, braided hair, did nails, whispered about the boys watching the game.  The only time we pulled together was when the commercials came on. 

When I was in the Navy, I "watched" the Super Bowl.  Actually, I sat on the couch next to my boyfriend while he watched the game.  I watched the commercials.  I have to say- it must be tough to watch the game AND the commercials- when do you get a bathroom break??

But, now that I'm all grown up and a Youth Group leader, my priest, Padre A, asked me if I could host a party for our kids.  Of course, I think, I guess.....the super-what?  And when is it? 

I'm not totally sports ignorant- I grew up watching Ice Hockey every Saturday night (and I definitely watched those games.)  GO 'HABS!  I was the sports photographer in high school, and I've even taken Kiddo to see a college ball game.  I like sports- I just don't really invest myself in them. 


I'm taking a crash course in Super Bowl 101 via Pinterest, mainly looking up food ideas.  I'm a little concerned about the all-consuming appetites of teenage boys, wondering how much stuff I should actually prepare.  I will figure it all out, but I never in a million eons would have said "When I'm 30, I will host a Super Bowl party." It's all good.

I'm definitely not making one of these bad boys.......







No comments:

Post a Comment